[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Wed Nov 5 13:35:05 UTC 2003

Quoth Chris Hastie <chris at nospam.oak-wood.co.uk>:
> In message <bo9bff$1abs2d$1 at ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de>, Christopher
> Browne <cbbrowne at acm.org> writes
>>
>>Put up at least a static front page that _can_ be spidered safely.
>>
>>That is the needful thing.
>>
>>Without it, the "Twiki" will be invisible to the world.
>>

> I don't understand where this misunderstanding about google and dynamic
> content comes from. Google spiders anything, it doesn't much care
> whether there is a '?' somewhere in the URL or not. By way of an example
> (with nothing to do with NTP I'm afraid, just a site I've had some
> recent involvement with):

You are imagining that I think that Google cares about the difference
between dynamic and static content.  I'm not.

The point is that having a static page around would provide a
placeholder until such time as the performance of spidering dynamic
material could get fixed.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "aa454" "freenet.carleton.ca")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html