[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Andrew Hood ajhood at fl.net.oz
Wed Nov 5 21:22:20 UTC 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 03:52:29 +1100, Michael Shields wrote:

> In article <3fa778c4$1 at fl.net.au>,
> Andrew Hood <ajhood at fl.net.oz> wrote:
>> If all the internet was on the continental US that might be sufficient. M$
>> and Apple both have non-US subsidiaries on which they could add NTP
>> service.
>
> I don't know about Microsoft, but there are already time.euro.apple.com
> and time.asia.apple.com.

For me, traceroute from Sydney, Australia to time.asia.apple.com. goes
across the pond to SanJose1.level3.net, then back across to Apple
Computer Singapore - ~363.240 ms

time.euro.apple.com goes via the US - ~324.865 ms

time.apple.com is about 6 hops and ~180 ms closer.

--
Avoid reality at all costs.
$email =~ s/oz$/au/o;