[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Fri Nov 7 08:17:28 UTC 2003

> The "most" correct names are "Windows NT" ("family" or "line") for
> Windows NT versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.5, 3.51, 4.0, 5.0, and 5.1, and
> "Windows for Workgroups 4.x [family/line]" for Windows for Workgroups
> versions 4.0, 4.10, 4.12, and 4.90 (or was that 4.95?).

I think what we are after are words that most people would understand.
Whilst you are correct about the family history, I believe that we should
today simply use the word Windows, possibly expanded to Windows
NT/2000/XP/2003.

When Windows 64 comes out as a product you can buy, we will need to see
how people refer to it (Win 64?), but in any case it is likely to require
some recompilation, creating two variants of NTP for Windows.

Cheers,
David