[ntp:questions] Re: Jonathan Buzzard's radioclkd and FreeBSD

Hans Jørgen Jakobsen hjj at wheel.dk
Fri Nov 7 21:15:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:17 +0000, Chris Hastie wrote:
> Has anybody out there managed to compile Jonathan Buzzard's radioclkd
><http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/radioclock.html>. Since I live only
> 30Km from the MSF transmitter I thought I'd give it a go, but gmake
> gives up saying "*** [radioclkd.o] Error 1"
>
> A search for solutions on google also turned up <http://www.jonatkins.co
> m/radioclk2/> but I can't get this to compile either. I'm using FreeBSD
> 5.1. The  lines spat out before dying for radioclk are

I had trouble too and have made some modifcations:

1) use the ppsapi to get the timings on cd pin.
As I only have one clock (DCF type) I didnt try to have the decoding
on cts and dsr survive.

2) I have made some DCF specific filtering of the input to remove
spurious pulses. This might disable other non dcf decoding.
(can be disabled at compile time)
(I dont like the idea of automatic clock type detection when noisy
signals are present)

The code needs some cleanup.
/hjj