[ntp:questions] Re: Taming the pinball machine

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Nov 10 06:24:38 UTC 2003

Barry,

Arrgh. We get hundreds of indexing attacks every night, one of which
might have sprung a block against you. The ultimate problem is that the
ftp server insists that the DNS name agrees with with your IP address. I
am told by our system staff that the workaround of choice is to snarf
via the web ftp://ftp.udel.edu. Modern life is becoming really
complicated.

Dave

Barry Bouwsma wrote:

[goddam news server amputated the text. Gotta amputate the news server.
Arrrgh.