[ntp:questions] Re: Jonathan Buzzard's radioclkd and FreeBSD

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20031110T093935 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Mon Nov 10 23:43:19 UTC 2003

Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> writes:
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>> Unix really needs a lightweight UTC_tm to seconds_since_the_epoch
>> routine.  Documenting and using it is the best way to get it into the
>
> I'm afraid that it is missing simply because it was deemed to be too
> trivial to deserve library inclusion. :-(

These people have a much better intuitive grasp of this stuff than I
do.

Would it be a good idea to push for this functionality being
documented in freebsd, linux, netbsd and openbsd.  I believe timegm()
is already in all of them.

> The only real problem in that direction is the leap handling, the rest
> is just a couple of multiplications and a month-table lookup.

Thanks.  I'll keep that code (and correction) for reference.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.