[ntp:questions] Re: Taming the pinball machine

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Tue Nov 11 19:27:19 UTC 2003

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:3FB12C2C.66DC9238 at udel.edu...
[...]
> At one time or another we have blocked large portions of the globe ...
> guys that trip hosts.deny are advised to contact the sysadmin, who will
> cheerfully make a hole in the blocked namespace.

Since I'm in an ADSL block, it wouldn't surprise me if my address were
on that list.

The actual access is not important to me personally. It just seems to me
that this method of access control does nothing but make a server slowly
converge into total catatonia, and not even proactively but reactively.

> Further even more, there is no blacklist for the web.

You mean HTTP access is not restricted?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink