[ntp:questions] Re: A theoretical question

Denis Zaitsev zzz at anda.ru
Tue Nov 11 22:25:04 UTC 2003

>>>>> "r" == roy  <roy at suespammers.org> writes:

    r> Denis Zaitsev wrote in message

    >> b) What an address changes do you mean?

    r> I'm talking about changes in the IP address assigned by your
    r> ISP.  If the ntpd daemon sees it's IP address change, I've seen
    r> reports that the external servers often need to be unconfigured
    r> and then re-added.  I never see that, since the internal IP
    r> address of my NTP server never changes.  Of course, the router
    r> masks any changes of the external IP address assigned by the
    r> ISP.

Ok, I understand now.  Thanks.