[ntp:questions] Re: Configuring Expert GPS CLOCK with Linux RedHat

gsppslrn at libero.it gsppslrn at libero.it
Wed Nov 12 15:21:40 UTC 2003

> > So is it impossible to set the right time at the startup of the daemon ntpd ?

Sorry, I didn't explain the question well, sorry for my english. I wanted to say
that ntpd converge to the UTC time only in a range from it, but if I set the
time to 300 B.C. or 5350 A.D. or only some days from it, ntpd consider the
packets that receive from the GPS receiver like baddata. I wanted to make a
script to sync year, month, day, hour, minute that I receive from the GPS with
ntpdate and then sync second, usec using ntpd; however isn't so important.