[ntp:questions] Re: Oncore driver in 4.2.0

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20031112T091023 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Wed Nov 12 17:34:03 UTC 2003

"Chris Stenton" <jacs at gnome.co.uk> writes:
> I've also been using it in mode 1. I did the site survey using winoncore
> and it took many hours to get the 10 000 valid position fixes needed.
> So I presume in mode 4 it will not do anything until it gets the 10 000
> fixes.

My m12 with rev 1.3 firmware refuses to do a hardware site survey.  If
one sends the site-survey command it accepts the command and then does
nothing.  Neither the site-survey-in-progress nor the 0D flag get set
in the @@Ha message.  The refclock code just sits there waiting for
the 0D flag to be set, which never will happen.

I take it you have a different oncore?  (Or maybe mine is missing a
setting which is necessary for it to do a site survey?)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.