[ntp:questions] Re: Solaris doesn't like Active Directory NTP?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Fri Nov 14 07:52:24 UTC 2003

ilmdba wrote:

> hi i've got a whole slew of unix boxes, linux, solaris, irix, osx,
> etc. that i need to point to windows active directory server for time.

I don't think you really _need_ to point them at AD, just that you'd
like to use a single reference for them all, right?

I suggest you designate one or more of your Sun boxes as your primary
servers, and then use those as the source for your AD root as well.

Microsoft's (S)NTP implementation is broken as per the relevant RFCs.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>