[ntp:questions] Re: NTP client for windows ce.net

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Sat Nov 22 19:30:27 UTC 2003

5thWheel wrote:

> Is there one?
> AFAIK the built-in SMTP client is no good as it is not as accurate?
> I need my 3 ce.net machines to be synchronised to my NTP server to
> within 1 millisecond (better would be nice).

Getting  < 1 ms on NT (any version) is kind of hard, given that the OS
clock gives you 10 ms resolution.

The current NTPD for NT code uses a huge hack, in the form of a realtime
thread which timestamps each timer tick, to be able to interpolate
between those OS time stamps.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>