[ntp:questions] Re: Suppressing IP6; Keeping /dev/ppsX; simple MSF clocks and monitors

jonathan at uk.me.buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Mon Nov 24 10:41:30 UTC 2003

In article <ea26a3f3.0311240203.40f29456 at posting.google.com>,
	Paul.Croome at softwareag.com (Paul Croome) writes:

[SNIP]

> 1.6ms is pretty good performance for an LF radio clock. If you want to do
> better than that, you'll have to consider GPS. I have a professional DCF77
> receiver that right now is +2.6ms.

I imagine the 1.6ms is only from a "calibrated" receiver. That is one
that has had the constant offset calculated against another receiver
and fixed with the fudge factor. This is say a GPS unit which you
don't wish to dedicate to timekeeping or is only borrowed.

However this is the low end of the level of performance my design should
deliver. A calibrated setup with a good signal should be sub 1ms when
locked on.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195