[ntp:questions] Re: VMS/UCX build?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 05:56:46 UTC 2003

It's my understanding that porting"sh" to VMS is close to impossible if
you aren't VMS Engineering!  DEC never documented the supervisor mode
interface into the O/S that was used by DCL and, once upon a time, by
MCR.   It's quite the opposite of Unix, where anyone can write a shell
and nearly everyone has.  It's just barely possible that I could get the
Posix shell installed.

OTOH, if I knew what information configure needed and what it did with
it, I might be able to supply it  somehow.

What do you do if you need to build NTP for Windows, an IBM mainframe,
OS400, etc?