[ntp:questions] Re: chroot and user patch for ntp-4.2.0?

Tue Nov 25 09:30:07 UTC 2003

Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv at oxixares.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using a SuSE rpm xntp 4.1.1 version. Looking at
> spec file it uses a patch enabling ntp to work chrooted by other
> than root user.

Does the drift file work with your installation? Mine doesn't for SuSE
9.0.  I've filed a bug report for SuSE which has #32782 (in case you
want to refer to it).

> Is there something similar or equivalent in the new 4.2.0
> version.

Maybe some people have doubts whether everything will still work after
that.

Regards,
Ulrich