[ntp:questions] Re: new to ntp

Va David vadavid at cmac.org.kh
Thu Nov 27 03:10:04 UTC 2003

Dear experts,

May I have more questions:

1. My ntp.conf:
----------
server clock.cuhk.edu.hk
server jamtepat.singnet.com.sg

server myservername.cmac.org.kh
driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
----------

Is it a right configuration? or add something more, like restrict...?
I've no idea.

2. When I issued ntpq -c peers I found the server got sync from only
clock.cuhk.edu.hk (the other has 16 in st column and all 0s in other
columns). I found error at one of the lines of log message as said:
"Nov 27 09:39:39 bakong ntpd_initres[2338]: server returns a
permission denied error" So would any one please help me?

3. From my WinXP laptop, I update time to the myservername.cmac.org.kh
but always says: "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing
with myservername.cmac.org.kh. The time sample was rejected because:
The peer's stratum is less than the host's startum."
How could I solve this problem?

Any kind solution is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
David