[ntp:questions] Re: should ntpd syn with time server when it started...??

Rob MacGregor me at privacy.net
Thu Oct 2 15:40:04 UTC 2003

Tes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, I am a newbie to ntpd..please give me some advices on the
> following questions.

What's the output of "ntpq -c pe", both about a minute after ntp is
started and about 5 minutes later?

Worth checking that ntp is running by doing a "ps ax|grep ntp".

Oh, and which version of RedHat are you running?  There is no kernel
2.4.80 (yet anyway).

--
   Rob MacGregor (BOFH)        Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!
       The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon.