[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes to TWikiGettingStarted

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 5 20:41:16 UTC 2003

Brad,

Lemme see if I understand your points correctly. You argue plain text
files for master documentation on the assumption not everybody has
access to a browser. However, you also argue twitchy on the web for
newbies. I'm not sure I understand the logic here, but my assumption is
that format converters are available in the distribution for whatever
form you like. My only requirement is that the master reference pages
produced by me and others are in HTML. The NTP documentation included in
the distribution is browsable without the web, of course.

You say you see nothing in the documentation for a newbie. I take it
that includes the quick.html page I wrote expressly for that purpose. I
agree links to that page should be much more obvious than now; John
Conner's suggestion of an index page would be a good improvement and
certainly facilitates links from the twitchy. Do you have suggested
content for such a page?

[I do not intend my flippant references to mantoad, webfrog or twitchy
as derogatory in any sense. As most of you know it reflects my delight
in the English patois journal editors have called Millsspeak, but it
does reflect casual disregard of political correctness.]

Dave

Brad Knowles wrote:

[content deleted required by fascist news system]