[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes to TWikiGettingStarted

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Mon Oct 6 03:09:17 UTC 2003

Dave,

When I unpack software (tarball or CVS or whatever) I want clear, simple
plain text instructions on how to build/install and run it.

I do not want to have to use a browser.

While I don't run in to large numbers of admins at any particular site,
I run into a fair number of them.  I do not recall ever seeing a Unix
admin who prefers this information in anything other than plain text.

However, my experience is only my experience.

This might be an interesting "poll" topic.  Steve?