[ntp:questions] Re: FTP FAQ document standards

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 17:37:58 UTC 2003

> So, if you want the CSS stuff to be fixed, I would encourage you
> to try to fix it yourself and then contribute that back to the
> project, or try to find someone who is knowledgeable on CSS and
> willing to volunteer their time to help fix this problem.
>

> My guess is that the CSS we have now comes straight from the
> docbook project, which I believe is the set of tools that Ulrich is
> using to maintain the FAQ.  If not, I imagine it's probably copied
> pretty much straight from some other related project.
>
> --
> Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles at skynet.be>

Brad, I did have a go at this.  Replacing the supplied CSS with one where
all the entries were blank or missing gave a considerably different
result.

The only problem is that it seems you must do this fo every page of the
HTML, i.e. you can't just supply one different default CSS page to your
browser and automatically alter all the pages.  You would need to download
all the HTML pages to your local machine.  Now perhaps I don't understand
CSS well enough (I've never used them), so perhaps we are actually just
one step away from cleaning up all the colours!

Cheers,
David