[ntp:questions] Re: PPS sync: astonishing offset

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder grazdan at fortytwo.ch
Mon Oct 6 18:00:51 UTC 2003

Clinging to sanity, Fabien Ribes mumbled in his beard:

> It has been observed with ntp 4.1.0, running on linux 2.4.10.
> It was running for days, with a drift file. As it is an embedded system
> , I can't turn on peerstat and loopstat easely.

Are these variations regular, or did this just occur this once?

What does the driftfile say? If it's (-)500.000, you need to adjust the
tickadj value (described in the NTP FAQ).

-- vbi

--
A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman
makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.