[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Oct 7 04:08:54 UTC 2003

Harlan,

I don't understand this at all. You don't get to choose any
documentation except the version that comes with the software version
you are using. All current and previous NTP versions include the
specific documentation version that applies to the software version. If
you mean a boutique where potential users can surf the documentation
versions looking for a feature mix that is attractive to them, that's a
real danger. The documentation that comes from me is not good enough to
make that distinction. Mea culpa.

Now, should you really harbor this agenda, I assume what you need is
some sort of electric backhoe that, when given a version number, can
reach back with bitkeeper and dig out the documentation for that
version. I don't have any problem with that, but then again you don't
need to ask my permission.

Dave

Harlan Stenn wrote:

[content deleted due dirty rotten news system]