[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes to TWikiGettingStarted

Dale Worley worley at dragon.ariadne.com
Tue Oct 7 16:36:24 UTC 2003

"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten at kittensandcats.net> writes:
> Again, this is a home situation, but for all the lack of redundancy
> (inspired mostly by the lack of redundancy in my Internet connection
> itself) it's rock solid so far.

I've had things work either way -- a single source that's good can be
rock solid.  But once I was using the standard 3 sources and had NTP
go off-sync once an hour.  For some reason, one of the sources would
go haywire every hour, and drag NTP's clock far enough off that it
would eventually rebel, change to another source, and step the clock.
After 10 minutes, things would settle down, and NTP would switch back
to the first source.  Ugh.

Dale