[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

Dale Worley worley at dragon.ariadne.com
Tue Oct 7 16:43:06 UTC 2003

stenn at maccarony.ntp.org (Harlan Stenn) writes:
> The important thing is the MECHANISM infrastructure that support different
> POLICY choices.  The distribution should be friendly to a reasonable number
> of different local POLICY choices.
>
> We have pissing contests when we try to dictate the POLICY that others
> "should" be using.

Ah, yes, exactly.  Let me add that the Mechanism issues become more
difficult the less experienced the target user is.  For deep reference
information, we can be relatively unsupportive of Policies, because
someone who wishes to pursue NTP to that depth has the incentive and
time to adjust to our prescriptions.

But for the "getting started" information, we need to be able to
support almost any Policy decision.

Dale