[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Oct 7 17:05:51 UTC 2003

Peter,

Just so I understand the itsy bitsies here, can you tell me specifically
what got broken or repaired in the "old" and "new" HTML formats? The
tools here evolved over three eras. First everything was done by hand
and there were lots and lots of mistakes, inconsistencies and just plain
junk. The next era was using tidy and a lot of these things got fixed.
The current era uses GoLive and a few formatting glitches got fixed, but
not a major change in style or content. Frankly, the value to me of
GoLive is to insure consistency and connectivity in my total web
collection, of which the NTP collection is only a small part.

I was persuaded to use style sheets on the expectation, I was told, that
folks could jimmy up their browsers to produce whatever font, color and
layout scheme they preferred. That's why I used the absolute minimum
font, color and style adventures. However, it may well be that some
little thing on my part will significantly simplify conversion to other
formats. I am certainly warm to suggestions.

Dave

Peter Boettcher wrote:

[content deleted]