[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Tue Oct 7 18:10:05 UTC 2003

Peter Boettcher <boettcher at ll.mit.edu> wrote in message news:<m3r81p40h5.fsf at coyote.llan.ll.mit.edu>...
>  Again, I agree that HTML is not a good
> source format for conversions to other formats.  You'd like something
> that logically marks up the text.  But HTML is what we've got, and I
> don't want to try to find an alternative that's author-friendly.

I suspect we have at least one Perl-hater in this thread already... but
I like Perl's POD.  pod2html, pod2latex, pod2man, and pod2text are all
"stock" and CPAN has converters to PDF, VMS HELP, and a bunch of formats
I've never heard of.

Pod::HTML2Pod turns HTML into POD, and seems to give decent result
when run against the html documents that come with 4.1.80-rc1.

Tim.