[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Wed Oct 8 15:25:04 UTC 2003

Peter Boettcher <boettcher at ll.mit.edu> wrote in message news:<m3k77g52iz.fsf at coyote.llan.ll.mit.edu>...
> > I was persuaded to use style sheets on the expectation, I was told, that
> > folks could jimmy up their browsers to produce whatever font, color and
> > layout scheme they preferred. That's why I used the absolute minimum
> > font, color and style adventures. However, it may well be that some
> > little thing on my part will significantly simplify conversion to other
> > formats. I am certainly warm to suggestions.
>
> Definitely, it's nice.  If style-sheets support stuff like this, it'd
> be nice to add a few more logical elements, like use (pseudocode)
> I have no idea how that stuff actually works.

You can't add logical elements in quite that way using style sheets.
Maybe you're thinking of jumping to XML, but we have to get back on
the rails and realize that despite the plethora of suggestions, the
existing HTML documentation is damn good, very portable, and readily
converted to man pages etc.

Tim.