[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes to TWiki GettingStarted

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Thu Oct 9 04:56:56 UTC 2003

>I want to see a URL be allowed as the target of the -c flag, and then ntpd
>would "fetch" the config file that way.  It could be a file:// (in which
>case we'd do an open() on it) or it could be an http:// reference.  This
>would allow a "server" to supply a client with a potentially customized
>config file.

Would using DHCP be simpler and good enough?

Do you want to distribute fancy config files for servers or simple ones
for personal workstations?  DHCP is probably good enough for
workstations.  Adding another server in the list of things
that have to work right seems like asking for trouble when you
are rebooting the world after a power failure.