[ntp:questions] Re: very new to NTP..

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 15:04:56 UTC 2003

> > ... but not the Windows port, I believe.
> >
> > David
>
> I haven't even started to look at this piece yet. It may be a while
> before I get to it. If someone else wants to at least try and
> build it and send in changes, that will be helpful.
>
> Danny

Danny, this wasn't intended to be a criticism, or even a suggestion that
there _should_ be an SNTP client in the Windows distribution - just to
correct a statement made by non-Windows folk!

For what it's worth, I feel that the ease of setting up true NTP would
make it the client of choice on Windows NT/2000/XP, leaving just the
soon-to-be-unsupported Windows 9X family as actually needing an SNTP
client.  There are plenty of other SNTP clients out there - is it worth
the effort?

Cheers,
David