[ntp:questions] Re: GettingStarted -- Introduction

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Oct 9 22:15:07 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-09, nw1 <network101 at covad.net> wrote:

> "Harlan Stenn" <stenn at whimsy.udel.edu> said:
>
>> I've added some comments to the main page where I explain why on
>> FreeBSD recommend not using ntpdate and using ntpd ... -g ...
>> instead.
>
> Please allow me to ask again -- What main page are you speaking of
> below where you describe why FreeBSD users should no longer use
> 'ntpdate'. I would like to read it without reading through the entire
> web-site.

Point your browser at http://twiki.ntp.org and

Type "GettingStarted" (without the quotes) in the [Go/Search] box
in the upper left corner of the page. Then click the [Go/Search] Button.

OR

Click "2.2 Getting Started with NTP" in the Table Of Contents

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
The Official NTP Documentation and FAQ are linked from