[ntp:questions] Re: [TWiki] Document Format Poll

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Fri Oct 10 20:15:08 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-10, Maarten Wiltink <maarten at kittensandcats.net> wrote:

> Steve Kostecke wrote in message ...
>
>>Please take a moment to visit the NTP TWiki and participate in our
>>Document Format Poll.
>
> [...]
>
>>Participation in NTP TWiki polls is restricted to registered users.
>

> That is a bogus restriction.

No. It is not.

The TWiki PollPlugin restricts votes to one per member, so you can't
have the usual script driven poll skewing seen in many Internet polls.
And it allows you to re-cast (i.e. change) your vote.

You are, of course, free to contribute a PollPlugin that uses some other
means of providing the same functionality.

> Don't bother to tell me how easy it is to register, I don't care.

OK. But I will point out that if you wish to contribute content to the
NTP TWiki you have to register.

BTW: Registration _is_ quick and easy. Anyone who wishes to register may
do so at http://twiki.ntp.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
The Official NTP Documentation and FAQ are linked from