[ntp:questions] Busted link on http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

worley at theworld.com worley at theworld.com
Fri Oct 10 20:12:55 UTC 2003

I was just noticing that on the front page of the NTP documentation,
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html, there is a table
of contents:

    Table of Contents

        * Introduction
        * Building and Installing NTP
        * Configuring Clients and Servers
        * Configuring Clients and Servers
        * Program Manual Pages
        * Supporting Documentation
        * Background Information
        * Application Notes

These links go to the anchors #intro, #build, #conf, etc.  But the
links don't work in my browser (Mozilla 1.0.2).  It appears that the
problem is the headings put an extraneous # at the beginning of the
id:

        <h4 id="#intro">Introduction</h4>

I'm behind on my HTML, but I'm pretty sure that the # is a separator
in an HREF, between the URL and the anchor name, so the header should
look like this:

        <h4 id="intro">Introduction</h4>

Dale