[ntp:questions] Re: [TWiki] Document Format Poll

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Fri Oct 10 20:30:04 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-10, David Schwartz <davids at webmaster.com> wrote:

> "Steve Kostecke" <kostecke at ntp.org> wrote in message
> news:slrnbodcmr.93i.kostecke at stasis.kostecke.net...
>
>> Participation in NTP TWiki polls is restricted to registered users.
>
> Then why advertise the poll here?

So that we don't have to wait for people to stumble across the poll.

So that people who may be interested in participating in the poll are
aware of the fact that they will need to register.

> Presumably the TWiki provides a sensible way to reach its own
> registered users.

TWiki does provide an opt-in WebNotify service that notifies
subscribers of topic creation/modification. But very few members have
subscribed to it.

We do not have a way of e-mailing all of the registered TWiki users.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
The Official NTP Documentation and FAQ are linked from