[ntp:questions] Re: [TWiki] Document Format Poll

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 12:40:37 UTC 2003

In article <mailman.30.1065817773.1751.questions at ntp.org>,
Brad Knowles <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:

> 	Not at all.  If that restriction wasn't in place, we would have
> no way to keep people from voting multiple times.  This way we can

The effect of this restriction is to skew an already very skewed poll
even further.  A valid poll would be polling people who were installing
ntpd but had no knowledge of the existence of this newsgroup/mailing list
or the web site, including those with no internet access (who could still
be installing from CD and using a radio clock, although they are probably
insignificant, although from questions asked here, just as likely to be
newbies).

Even for me, I'd have to go online (possibly pay for the privilege, although
not actually the case at this time of the day for me) navigate the web
site, register, vote, and de-register.  I'm going to have to be very annoyed
to do that.

Your votes will be overwhelmingingly dominated by those who favour HTML
documentation (or are extremely annoyed by it), with a sigficant bias towards
people who favour Twiki.