[ntp:questions] Re: Busted link on http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 12 03:02:33 UTC 2003

Michael,

I knew somebody would say that and you bit. If somebody demonstrates a
universal solution that keeps Microsoft, Adobe, Netscape, Mozilla,
Opera, Emacs, Lynx, Safari and all the others happy, I would be happy to
mend my evil ways. It could be that some simple trick manages that
miracle or I have committed a stupid unforgivable error, but neither the
Sams HTML reference book nor Adobe documentration point to any
definitive common solution.

I verifed just now that IE works with # and NS ignores it and both
browsers complain no-page-found if it is removed. It doesn't do a lot of
good to shame me into published standards if they don't work in all
browsers. As it is, I salute IE only because it's the biggest gorilla.

Dave