[ntp:questions] Re: Busted link on http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

Vernon Schryver vjs at calcite.rhyolite.com
Sun Oct 12 11:20:05 UTC 2003

In article <auOdnQ9GDvkfEhWiRVn-jg at speakeasy.net>,
Michael Sierchio  <kudzu at tenebras.com> wrote:

>> The links work in IE, but not in NS. There is no common way to satisfy
>> both.
>
>Back to HTML school, Doctor -- you're generating bad HTML
>if it works in Internet Exploder and not NS, Mozilla, Opera,
>Safari, etc.

If it doesn't work in any one of those, it's bad HTML even if the W3C
and the IETF say its perfectly good and proper.  I've had to give up
on some perfectly standard HTTPS pages because ancient versions of IE
and current versions of Safari cannot handle them.

Well, that does assume that your purpose is publishing to a wide audience.

Vernon Schryver    vjs at rhyolite.com