[ntp:questions] Re: Busted link on http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

Tue Oct 14 13:00:06 UTC 2003

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

> Michael,
>
> I knew somebody would say that and you bit. If somebody demonstrates a
> universal solution that keeps Microsoft, Adobe, Netscape, Mozilla,
> Opera, Emacs, Lynx, Safari and all the others happy, I would be happy to
> mend my evil ways. It could be that some simple trick manages that

I haven't followed the whole thread, but maybe you simply got
confused:

Use ``<a name="label">'' to define a target (destination) for a
hyper-link, and use ``<a href="#label">text</a>'' to reference that
label. As simple as that. The point probably is whether ``#'' may be
the first byte in a label. Two time 26 letters plus ten digits should
give enough symbols to concatenate I guess.

Regards,
Ulrich

> miracle or I have committed a stupid unforgivable error, but neither the
> Sams HTML reference book nor Adobe documentration point to any
> definitive common solution.

[...]