[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Win XP problem

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Oct 15 18:10:29 UTC 2003

David,

Can you turn on the trace feature in XP? We need to see the actual IP
addresses and DNS responses and also the "newpeer" lines in the trace,
as these record the mobilization of new associations. It could be the
mobilizzation attempt fails and the DNS query is retried. This is the
only way more than one association with the same remote address and mode
could be mobilized.

There is no timeout per-se on poll messages; they just recur at the
designated poll interval.

Dave