[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Win XP problem

David Mitchell nntpatmitchdj.globalnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 21:31:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:10:29 +0000, "David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu>
wrote:

>David,
>
>Can you turn on the trace feature in XP? We need to see the actual IP
>addresses and DNS responses and also the "newpeer" lines in the trace,
>as these record the mobilization of new associations. It could be the
>mobilizzation attempt fails and the DNS query is retried. This is the
>only way more than one association with the same remote address and mode
>could be mobilized.

David

The trace within NTPD? what log level commands do I need in the conf
file?

I put 4.1.80 rc1 on and initially the (single) server was 'stuck' in
INIT mode, I am still investigating but it /may/ have something to do
with the AV I'm using (Mcafee) as it seemed to work better when I
turned the AV off for a while.  Also I may have picked up some 'dodgy'
servers from the pool so I think I'll go back to explicit servers for
a while, at one stage I appeared to have the same server in 3 times,
one as the sys peer and the other 2 stuck in INIT mode!

Thanks.
David