[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Win XP problem

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Oct 17 18:55:04 UTC 2003

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> wrote in message news:<3F8F2FE9.78A9364A at udel.edu>...
> David,
>
> Unix versions of ntpd activate the trace using the -d flag in the
> command line. I suspect the same thing can be done in Windows, but you
> would have to confirm that from another source.
>
> Dave

You'd have to run it interactively from the command line. While you can
add command line options to a Windows Service, it's not something you
want to do normally.

This is what I usually do when I run interactively:

ntpd -d -l stdout

The last option redirects the output to the window you are running it from.
That way nothing goes into the event log. Just make sure that your Windows
buffer size is large enough (like 3000).

Danny