[ntp:questions] Re: NT binaries for ntp-4.2.0

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Oct 17 19:05:04 UTC 2003

"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten at kittensandcats.net> wrote in message news:<3f8fc94d$0$58703$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>...
> "Terje Mathisen" <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> wrote in message
> news:bmo5qe$qla$1 at osl016lin.hda.hydro.com...
> > As usual, I've built and uploaded NT binaries for the new ntp release:
> >
> >     http://norloff.org/ntp/ntp-4.2.0-nt.zip
> >
> > This version also includes the required openssl libraries.
>
> Thank you. I've installed them and they all appear to work. The poll
> interval seems to be backing off _very_ fast; can anyone confirm this?
> (128 at reach 17, 256 at reach 37.)
>
> The loss of ntptrace seems a pity. I was kind of attached to it.
> I know that it doesn't work any more because of the reference no
> longer being unambiguous, but wouldn't it be possible to follow
> active associations instead of their references or something?

The C version was obsolete. You should use the Perl version. You can
get Perl for Windows from ActiveState. There were too many things that
would have to be fixed for ntptrace to make the effort worth while.
Also if you have the old one you can continue to use that it will still
work the way you expect.

Danny