[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Win XP problem

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 22:26:59 UTC 2003

> Using 4.1.80-rc1
> the symptoms seemed to be different in that the servers seemed to
> 'stick' in INIT mode or go into 'STEP' mode and not come out again!

David, I've seen servers stuck in INIT mode on my XP system, even with the
current 4.2.0 release.  It seems to happen only on XP (Pro SP1), and only
on servers on the far side of my RT314 router.  Servers on the LAN are
fine, those on the WAN are not.  NT4 and Windows 2000 Server/Pro systems
all talk correctly to the same servers, and I can NTPQ -P <server> from
the XP system as well.

Cheers,
David