[ntp:questions] Re: synchronisation lost errors with

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Mon Oct 20 10:00:04 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-19, Dale Worley <worley at dragon.ariadne.com> wrote:

> Another possibility is that the servers you've given disagree on what
> time it is, and the time resets come when NTP switches which server it
> is syncing with.  (That has happened to me.)  Since the time resets
> happen every 10 minutes or so, why don't you try 'ntpq -p' every
> minute or so and see if anything odd shows up?  At the least, the
> chosen server should change relatively rarely, and the offset values
> (which are shown in milliseconds) should remain under 100 or so for
> all servers.

This may be! I just checked and found that our firewall, which runs
the central ntpd had been running xntpd by Sun instead of the ntpd I
upgraded it with.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)   Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite Campus Mitte                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155