[ntp:questions] Re: NT binaries for ntp-4.2.0

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Oct 21 23:45:25 UTC 2003

Steve,

There is a very good reason I asked you not to link below the index
page, but you chose not to explain why in your message. Those pages get
reorganized on a regular basis and links below the defined entry point
can and do become stale. Of course, the file itself could become stale,
but that's another matter.

I don't maintain the winnt.html file myself, although I do put up
changes if asked. If as I assume from this thread the Windows
documentation is cherry-picked to include only a subset, why not include
the file in the subset? It's very likely the subset itself will become
stale, but that's a matter for the Windows warriors. I have no objection
whatsoever about such a practice, as long as the hazards are understood.

Dave