[ntp:questions] Re: w32time help

David Mitchell nntpatmitchdj.globalnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 08:17:40 UTC 2003

On 23 Oct 2003 07:45:28 -0700, paulers at cox.net (Paulers) wrote:

>Ok then somethins else is wrong becasue if I leave the service alone
>for a while the service will stop on its own.  The last entry in the
>event log is this error message
>
>time correction of -4044 seconds exceeds sanity limit (1000); set
>clock manually to the correct UTC time.
>
>then the service stops. Does this mean that it is working but it can't
>adjust because its too far off or something?
Do you have the correct time zone configured on NT? - NTP works in UTC
(Or GMT to us Brits!) and then applies offsets to get local time so if
your timezone is wrong and then you set the clock to the correct local
time NTP will consider it to be a long way out...

David