[ntp:questions] Re: TSIP decoder for linux

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Fri Oct 24 15:00:04 UTC 2003

"jahmail<no_spam>" <"jahmail<no_spam>"@free.fr> wrote in message news:<3f9668b3$0$241$626a54ce at news.free.fr>...
> I hope I'm ot sending this mail to the wrong place.

Certainly not if you intend to use the unit for time - and to know time
you also need to know position.

> I'm looking for a TSIP decoder for linux. All the software I found for
> TSIP on the net is for windows.

I don't know of anything like tsipchat for Linux.  But stuff about the
TSIP protocol definition is all around the 'net... see for example

    http://www.agp.ru/oem/download/genf/tsip.pdf

I think most NTP users of Trimble GPS's use them in TAIP mode, which
is a bit more user-friendly in TSIP.  I found the notes at

  http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/

very valuable when setting up my SV6 for NTP.  There are some other SV6-for-
timekeeping references floating around the net, like

  http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~geoff36/gps.htm

with valuable hints.

Tim.