[ntp:questions] Re: w32time help

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Mon Oct 27 20:13:50 UTC 2003

Paulers wrote:
> I don't have access to the ntp source so I have no idea what it's time

"Use the Source, Luke".

The source code for ntp is _very_ available, just download the
ntp-4.2.0.tar.gz file from http://www.ntp.org/.

> is set too. How do I make the adjustment without know ing this
> information. To set the clocks UTC time, I just double click on the
> clock in the taskbar and adjust it right? Sorry if those are stupid
> questions.

Yes, you just need to get the local time zone and the local time right,
the rest is relatively easy.

The two remaining potential stumbling blocks are first that you need to
make sure that you have at least one working ntp server in your ntp.conf
configuration file and second that you must disable any other service
that might use port 123/UDP, like the w32time service.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>