[ntp:questions] Re: NTP packets

Thu Oct 30 11:23:55 UTC 2003

On 29 Oct 2003 14:37:19 -0800 in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
karlobrien2 at yahoo.com (moorefieldman) wrote:

>I have a question about how an NTP server is queried. How do you get
>the time off a server? Does it use UDP? If I want to update the time
>on my computer using an NTP server how would I connect to the NTP
>server?

Send an [S]NTP request.
Yes.
Use an NTP client to the server over the internet.
See http://www.ntp.org

Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada
--
Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply