[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Win XP problem

David Mitchell nntpatmitchdj.globalnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 11:27:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:42:04 +0100, "Andrew"
<news at ogle.nildram.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote:

>> >Please file a bug report with bugzilla so we can track this. I don't have
>> >any time to look into this right now, but it's essential to get it into
>> >bugzilla.
>> >
>> >Danny
>> Filed as bug #219...
>
>Fix is here:
>
>    http://mailman.ntp.org/pipermail/bugs/2003-September/000358.html
>
>I think the first change of the two fixes both the runt response errors and the desire
>for NTPD to use all the available UDP sockets. I hadn't noticed the link to DNS
>but in retrospect I only saw the problem on a machine using host names rather
>than IP addresses in ntp.conf.
>
>Andrew.

Andrew

That looks like the fix! - is the issue over domain names due to the
additional time to do a lookup?  - I assume that ntpd passes whatever
is in the config file & lets the IP stack do the DNS lookup...

Now - how / when will that get into the NT Ports, as I don't have the
ability to compile it...?

David