[ntp:questions] Re: GMT: UT1 vs UTC

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 31 04:45:36 UTC 2003

David,

Sure. I got quoted for a soundbite on the local news radio station about
how computers deal with daylight/standard time switchine. I told the
interviewer computers didn't care, since they run on Universal
Coordinated Time (UTC). She was notably unimpressed. By the time I told
her about leapseconds, her microphone glazed over.

Dave